Friday, January 15, 2010

Papa Vinos And Recipe

Being Italian, and a bit ashamed '!


Perhaps I have written other times As is proud to be Italian and Roman. Often, this feeling makes me uncomfortable, especially when I realize that for some things there is little to be proud of. I often find myself almost ashamed of my countrymen, especially when I'm abroad I'm surprised to see the behavior of the Italians. Of course this also happened in Albania, but this is not the case. Let me tell you how often I feel embarrassed!
One of the biggest advantages of being foreigners in Albania is that you do not take the fines! Or rather, to be a bit 'more empirical, as far as my experience, Italians do not do fines. I was stopped by the police dozens of times, just long enough to understand that they are Italian and sent me away. Twice I was stopped for an offense that had actually committed. One for having forgotten to turn the lights on in broad daylight and a second time for having the wrong path to fast track the buses. On both occasions, after telling me to pay the fine and the cops saw me condescending, as if amazed, I have mentioned to leave.
In fact it is a bit 'embarrassing when it happens in front of the Albanian people, who every time I say, "See, you're Italian and a fine not you do it."
However despite this I will try to be a diligent motorist, that you never know.

"I do not feel Italian, but fortunately or unfortunately I am! "
G. Gaber


0 comments:

Post a Comment