Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Kelsie Chambers Spellbinder

Phnom Phen Phnom Phen



Phnom Phen




Today is the first full day in this capital, I decided to pass it to visit the city.

Waking up in this guest house is really nice, I have my terrace with table and chair and in front of me a very nice view, does not even seem to be in a capital city full of skyscrapers and traffic.

Prepare my backpack and go out, here in Phnom Penh as well as the tuk tuk there are also motorcycle taxis, I decided to get on a bike because I did not even want to spend much time in traffic. I do bring to the center, near the river, so I have breakfast and then start on my lap.

This city is very easy to get around, the streets are all parallel and then not have names but numbers.

The city is very chaotic and full of life, very nice to discover it and turn to the case, taking dark alleys and small or end up in local markets without tourists.

begins to be very hot, go back to my guest house to take a nap in the afternoon and then go out and go to the Russian market, it's all across town.

Seeking a motorbike taxi to take me and I find him, Ron, very nice and do good. I am fit on his new bike and driving crazy, climbing on the sidewalks, taking in the streets against traffic, but all very natural. I talk a lot and I describes the city, out of curiosity I asked if there are orphanages around that you can visit and he told me surprised and happy that his brother works in a small orphanage on the outskirts. For him it would be bring me a big favor and let me be with the kids.

We come to market, do a walk around the many stalls infinite, is the ideal place for shopping as a tourist, is full of souvenirs. We do a tour and take some photos, after returning from a Oretta Ron and I do return to the guest house.

Ceno on my balcony and then I look at the photos of the day, I'm pretty excited for tomorrow and I can not sleep.

I think it would be nice if SMILE OF THE VAN could help many children around the world, I fall asleep with that thought, I fall asleep dreaming of the thieves of a smile around Africa, India, South America to give smiles to children as possible.


.... I wake up early with Ron I had agreed to go to the rice market to 50kg of rice for the children and then go get even pens and notebooks. He told me that the orphanage are in 25 and then I can take a notebook and a pen to each of them.

We stopped in a place to have breakfast and then off we go.




We are at a twenty km from the city, in the midst of rice fields throughout the structure you see a blue, inside there are two western volunteers who are there now two weeks, the brother of Ron and then some local volunteers.

One of two volunteers, a German boy welcomes me and makes me a ride, it makes me see the room where the kids are sleeping, two baths with shower but without the bucket and that is outside the kitchen. I ask how can they finance themselves and he said that Germans have big sponsors and other small sponsors around the world, people who send small monthly contributions.

are a better organization and there are many volunteers who come to find them.

ask the boy where are the children and tells me that they are in school, it's nearby, they built two years ago and have two classes, the kids can go to the village and beyond, even adults to learn to speak the 'English. We approach the school and feel a huge uproar, and they are playing in the yard, they are all beautiful, just see me say hello, I jumped on and started playing with me, many speak English, know how to say basic phrases, with each exchange a few words.

Then I put in a circle and begin to play, play capture the flag, I'll explain it to him in English and they make a mess. Every time I call a number are running in 30 to take the handkerchief. After some testing we understand and you can play.

Here comes the teacher and the teacher is present with me and tell me I should begin the lesson, the class is outdoors covered by an aluminum roof and no walls. There are two classes and are divided by a piece of cloth. Today are English and the teacher asked me if I sit down with them, because soon there's big ones and they need to make conversation.




I put myself behind a desk and I find it hard to stay in it, everyone laughs clownish for my movements, then I'm going to be serious when they arrive the 2 older boys. I talk with them throughout the lesson, I'm really nice and get along with English, one is 14 and the other 12 years. They all work and 2 and now have the afternoon shift.

After the lesson, the teacher said to the guys who I am and asks me to distribute the notebooks and pens. I thank you all, thanks to the van of smile that even now is able to give a smile.




am still playing with them and then I prepare to return to the city. I'm in seventh heaven, to greet the train are all with me and chasing me for a piece of road.

I return to my room and do not go out, are so marked. I watch the sunset and think how nice it would be able to do really, THE VAN OF SMILES AROUND THE WORLD.




goodnight thieves smile


why not?!


mr.d

0 comments:

Post a Comment